- Creates a command window that lists specified events present in the map and activates the specified event on select.
- Events can be classified into three different actions: Move, Talk and Inspect.
- Easy to use?
Free to use for commercial and non-commercial projects. Please credit the authors. Also, tell us about your project so we can try it out!
How to Use:
- SceneManager.call(Scene_VNMenu) to call the menu.
- Add the comment vn_area on any event you want listed under the Move action.
- Add the comment vn_npc on any event you want listed under the Talk action.
- Add the comment vn_object on any event you want listed under the Inspect action.
- The script only checks for note tags on the active page of the event, so if you don’t want the event to show up on the menu, just make a new page of that event without the note tag.
Known Bugs Features Bugs:
- Delisted events still show up on the menu!
Discovered that if Event A triggered a switch that made Event B go to its second page which is supposed to hide it from the NPC list, Event B will still show up on the menu. My current fix to this is adding a Wait command between Event A triggering the switch and calling the VN Menu. I believe this may be due to the fact that calling the menu suspends activity on the map, preventing Event B from refreshing itself into its non-active state before the menu compiles the event list.
Stuff Left to Do:
Advice on how to deal with these would be greatly appreciated!
- The blurring and darkening of the screen bothers me. Still figuring out how to fix that.
- I wanted an option on the command window that could call the main menu, but SceneManager.call causes crashing.
- Darkening/disabling an option if no relevant event is present
- Make it prettier